The SuperDog of the Month competition was created to celebrate the best in dog portraiture whilst raising money for the UK charity Hearing Dogs for Deaf People. From cheeky Chihuahua’s to pampered Poodles, we know how much dogs mean to their owners and how they are part of a family too.
The competition gives you the opportunity to show your love for your dog and enter an image from your FREE photography session. We are an approved and recommended Superdog Photography Studio!
By entering you have the opportunity to win 1 of 5 Pets at Home vouchers (each worth £25), 1 of 5 Top 10 Finalists £10 Pets at Home vouchers, plus £2000 in the SuperDog of the Year competition.
This portrait session is completely Free & includes a low res digital portrait*
• Every month there are five winners who each receive a £25 Pets at Home voucher
• There are also 5 Top 10 Finalists prizes of a £10 Pets at Home Voucher
• The annual winner receives a cheque for £2000
• The competition will be held on the Facebook page ‘SuperDog of the Month‘ where the public can ‘Like’ or ‘Love’ their favourite image, this counts as a vote. They can also comment, share and tag an image to increase awareness of an image being voted for. Likes / Loves are currently capped at 500 per image entered.
• The competition runs one month behind the current calendar month, in order to give each entrant the same amount of exposure in the competition.
• Images can be viewed at www.facebook.com/superdogofthemonth
• Images can include a dog with its owner / family, or just a dog on its own
• Images that include more than one dog are acceptable but if successful, only one prize will be awarded
• Competition entries can be uploaded in colour, black and white or sepia
• Props are acceptable but must not take over from the focus of the featured dog(s)
• You attend a photography session & viewing appointment with your pet(s)
• We will help you select one image for competition (You will be emailled a digital copy of this image, to keep forever!)
• Complete SuperDog Model Release Form which provides permission to use the image on the competition page on Facebook.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to book in the studio?
Just plan ideal date & time in mind then call the studio or fill out a contact form
A refundable deposit of £30.00 is taken upon booking.
How are the winners selected?
Winners will be decided under the following criteria:
1. Number of votes (Likes/Loves) received on Facebook
2. Thoughts and opinions of a panel of dog owners
3. Thoughts and opinions of a panel of photographers
4. Thoughts and opinions of a panel of sponsors
Each of the five successful winners will be presented with a certificate featuring the image and name.
Can other pets enter?
Our competition is just for dogs and their families, but owners can include more than one dog in their entry if they wish.
The are also 5 Top 10 Finalists every month which are taken from the top 10 images each month (5 winners, 5 Top 10 Finalists)
**How does the charity benefit?
Each entry is subject to a £1.50 donation to the Guide Dogs Association- which is paid by Hammonds Photography Studio LTD
*All bookings require a £30.00 fully refundable at viewing booking fee to secure your shoot. This is to ensure that you invest in your photoshoot and our valuable studio time is not wasted- many thanks Team Hammonds!