How to get into modeling:
At Hammonds Photography Studio we have many parents expressing a wish for their children or young adults, to get into modeling.
We have put together this page packed full of advise on the beginning steps to take to maximise your chances of getting into this industry.
Your images need to be:
Our modeling package is just £129.00 and includes 5 high res digital images perfect for application.
- In natural/ even light with natural hair
- UNEDITED, no filters
- No pouting or make up or busy clothes
- Against a plain, light background
These images are completely different to our usual studio images let me explain;
- You or your child should wear a plain top and tight plain trousers, ideally white/ grey/ light brown/ soft pastel shade.
- No props, hats, no jewellary, Be as natural as possible.
- The images agencies expect are; one face front head shot, one side profile shot, and one full length- we do 5 digitals giving you a second facial expression shot and sitting shot.
- These images are taken on a off white background/ or light grey background only.
What you will need to do at home;
Measure your height (for adults further measurements will be required such as hips, chest waist)
After you have selected the images from your online private gallery - a small amount of photoshop maybe done (such as background editing/face spots etc)
It is best to keep your images as natural as possible.
(For parents of Children) After your photo shoot we will give you a list of recommended modeling agencies to apply too.
There are two types of agency:
What happens when my child has been selected for a casting?
- Non sole - means you are not tied to that particular agency. You are free to be signed to other non sole agencies.
- Sole - you are solely represented by the agency and accepting jobs or castings from other sources/agencies is a breach of the contract. If an opportunity comes up it is advisable to discuss it with the agency and see if there can be a mutual agreement.
- Castings are generally very short notice, and sometimes an agency is given less than 24 hours notice. They are mainly in Central London for southern based castings and Central Manchester for northern based castings.
- Castings for children of non school age generally take place during the day.
- Castings for children of school age are normally held after school, usually between 4-6pm.
- The agency will contact you if your child gets a casting. You will be provided with all the information for the casting including the date, time and place. You may also be told if there are any wardrobe requirements or whether your child will need to learn some lines. Some castings provide a casting fee, usually around £15 - £18 which will help towards travel costs, however this is not always the case and in these instances you will be expected to pay your own travel costs to the casting.